During these unprecedented times of global crisis, we, at TBH, have a hero!
Our congregation is blessed to have an anonymous generous benefactor who truly believes in and acts upon the words from the Talmud that state: “All Jews are responsible for each other.”
We have been offered a 2-to-1 matching grant, up to $50,000. That means if we raise $50,000 in donations to our General Fund, the donor will add an additional $100,000. Our General Fund is used to pay essential expenses including: our building’s mortgage, utilities, and insurance; clergy and staff salaries; security services (greatly increased over the past year); snow removal and landscaping; and membership in the URJ. Achieving this fundraising goal will allow TBH to significantly reduce or eliminate our budget deficit.
Since this is a match, we are required to do our own fundraising. Here are the rules:
- Donations must be made to the General Fund. Donations to other funds will NOT count towards the match.
- Any amount donated counts towards the $50,000 base figure and will be matched.
- Donations must be made between now and December 31st, 2020.
- Credit cards: Donate securely via PayPal by clicking here, or by scanning the QR code below with your smartphone camera, or by calling Lori, our administrative assistant, at the Temple office at 860-282-8466.
- Checks: Mail to the Temple or drop in the LOCKED mailbox outside the Temple office or at the end of our driveway.
- Cash: Donations can be dropped off at the Temple office or dropped in the LOCKED mailboxes outside the Temple office or at the end of our driveway.
In appreciation, we will list names of businesses and individuals who have donated to this effort in our monthly newsletter through the end of the year, adding names of new donors month by month. We are also offering naming and other recognition opportunities, listed on the following page.
Remember, when a donation is matched:
- A $200 donation (+ match of $400) pays for a month of cleaning contractors to keep our building healthy.
- A $500 donation (+ match of $1,000) pays for the cost of a month of utilities and grounds maintenance.
- A $850 donation (+ match of $1,700) pays for a family who cannot afford annual dues.
Please consult with your tax professional about the potential tax benefits of this donation.
Consider another verse from the Talmud: “Good deeds are done by good people.” We are all good people. Please give generously.
Giving Levels & Recognition Benefits
Temple Beth Hillel appreciates your support of our 2-to-1 Matching Grant Fund and offers the following giving levels and recognition benefits (Requests by donors for anonymity will be respected in all cases):
|Donations of Any Amount||Recognition on Temple Beth Hillel website and newsletter|
|Donations of $200 to $499||
|Donations of $500 and over||
|Donations of $1,000 or more will also be entered in a drawing to win a preferred parking space for one year.|
|Other recognition opportunities are available for donations greater than $5,000.
These could include:
|To discuss other recognition opportunities, please contact:||Temple Treasurer Karen Groenstein at 860-966-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org|