Posts by :
During these unprecedented times of global crisis, we, at TBH, have a hero!
Our congregation is blessed to have an anonymous generous benefactor who truly believes in and acts upon the words from the Talmud that state: “All Jews are responsible for each other.”
We have been offered a 2-to-1 matching grant, up to $50,000. That means if we raise $50,000 in donations to our General Fund, the donor will add an additional $100,000. Achieving this fundraising goal will allow TBH to significantly reduce or eliminate our budget deficit.
Since this is a match, we are required to do our own fundraising. Here are the rules:
- Donations must be made to the General Fund. Donations to other funds will NOT count towards the match.
- Any amount donated counts towards the $50,000 base figure and will be matched.
- Donations must be made between now and December 31st, 2020.
- Credit cards: Donate securely via PayPal by clicking here, or by scanning the QR code below with your smartphone camera, or by calling Lori, our administrative assistant, at the Temple office at 860-282-8466.
- Checks: Mail to the Temple or drop in the LOCKED mailbox outside the Temple office or at the end of our driveway.
- Cash: Donations can be dropped off at the Temple office or dropped in the LOCKED mailboxes outside the Temple office or at the end of our driveway.
In appreciation, we will list names of businesses and individuals who have donated to this effort in our monthly newsletter through the end of the year, adding names of new donors month by month.
Remember, when a donation is matched:
- Donations over $200 will also get a plaque on the Tree of Life wall in the temple lobby. Donations over $500 will be eligible for an invitation to a special donor event.
- Donations over $1,000 will be entered in a drawing for a special parking space!
- We are also offering naming and other recognition opportunities for donations over $5,000.
To discuss other recognition opportunities, please contact:
Temple Treasurer Karen Groenstein at 860-966-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult with your tax professional about the potential tax benefits of this donation.